Welcome to SCoPE 2035
The Stanford Coalition for Planning an Equitable 2035 is a group of students that have been advocating for equitable outcomes from the General Use Permit (GUP) process. The group has been working with SEIU 2007, the labor union on campus that represents directly employed workers. SCoPE has primarily advocated for equitable outcomes in the areas of housing, transportation, labor provisions, and GHG emissions.
1. Workers deserve housing on campus.
2. The treatment of workers at Stanford should be improved by eliminating subcontracting and extending benefits to all workers.
3. Transportation and housing metrics should be updated.
4. Transportation benefits should be extended to all workers.
5. Stanford should contribute more monetary resources to transit and schools.
6. Stanford should be responsible and transparent in its development.
7. Stanford and its Affordable Housing Fund contributions should be accountable to those most impacted by Stanford’s development and the housing crisis.